Pennsylvania’s dedication to Shoofly pie might not affect Pittsburgh residents quite as much. In fact, research tells us that Pittsburgh locals prefer biscotti. That’s not much of a dessert for delivery purposes. But Sweet Street Desserts has plenty of other tantalizing treats to offer.
Biscotti are great for coffee, but so is Sandy’s Sour Cream Coffee Cake. It is buttery, full of sour cream and ribboned with brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Then it’s topped with an amazing apricot glaze. This is sure to beat biscotti as a morning treat.
As an alternative to shoofly pie, we would suggest our Kentucky Pie or Bourbon Street Pecan Pie. They both incorporate that gooey goodness associated with the Shoofly pie. However, the Kentucky Pie has a warm chocolate chip cookie crust and the Bourbon Street Pecan Pie incorporates a lacing of Kentucky bourbon in its rather intoxicating filling.
Try Something New
Of course you can stick to biscotti and shoofly pie, or you can try a new indulgence. Sweet Street Desserts offers a 50+ item dessert menu and we will deliver to your door. You will receive restaurant-quality desserts via FedEx in a Styrofoam lined, dry iced, corrugated box complete with thawing and preparation instructions. What have you got to lose? Why not try one of these delicacies:
- Red Velvet Bundt – The ultimate in extravagances, this delectable baby bundt cake is filled with scrumptious cream cheese and dipped in bittersweet chocolate . Bright red cake crumbs and white chocolate drizzle add to the appeal. It’s a treat for the eyes and the palate.
- Toffee Crunch Blondie – It’s oh, so much sweeter than a boring biscotti! White and semi-sweet chocolate chunks stud this blondie and accentuate the chewy toffee pieces. It doesn’t get much better than this buttery treat.
- Meltaway Bar – Now consider diving into this amazing luxury. With coconut, walnuts, dark and milk chocolate and butterscotch all intermingled, this is mouthful of joy.
- Brown Cow Chocolate Pudding Cheesecake – If you want to get really wild, try pudding and cheesecake. That is what you’ll find in this decadent blend of white chocolate cheesecake dotted with dollops of creamy chocolate pudding.
- Caramel Apple Granny – Of course you could try a new twist on an old favorite. This toffee and caramel studded custard boasts the incredible tartness of Granny Smith apples piled high in a shortbread crust. This is an indulgence you should definitely experience.
Dessert Destination = Sweet Street
With over 30 years of dessert-making experience, it is no wonder Sweet Street Desserts is known as an industry leader. Our founder, Sandy Solmon, is still very active in research and development and has been named a Cornell Hospitality Innovator of the Year (2014). She instills her devotion to excellence into all that Sweet Street does.
Make Sweet Street your destination when you are looking for dessert delivery in Pittsburgh. You will enjoy desserts with non-GMO key ingredients, hormone-free dairy and cream, and hand selected South American chocolate. We look forward to serving you and helping you expand your dessert horizons. Place an order today online or at (610) 929-2900.