Dessert deliveries have opened the door to enjoying restaurant quality, award-winning decadences in the comfort of your home. Now you can watch Food Network while eating the scrumptious treats you thought were reserved for the Barefoot Contessas of the world.
When you think about dessert, what comes to mind? No matter the design or flavor that first draws your attention, Sweet Street Desserts has something that will meet with your approval. And, we have a good deal of knowledge about what makes desserts great.
Caramel and Chocolate
Did you know that caramel was invented somewhere between 1650 (when early settlers were indulging in hard candies they made in their kettles) and the 1880s (when one of those inventive culinary geniuses decided to add fat and milk to their already boiling sugar and water mixtures)? And, by the way, sugar beets were the sweetener of preference at that time because refined sugar was exorbitantly expensive.
What about chocolate? Glad you asked. Cocoa beans (the key ingredients in chocolate) were used by the Mayans and Aztecs as currency up until the 19th century! When not used for money, chocolate was a drink for the wealthy. When it finally reached Europe it was used medicinally. Then people realized the caffeine within it was useful as well. Amazingly, chocolate isn’t recorded as an edible solid until the 1850s.
These two ingredients go together to make some of the best indulgences known to man. There is nothing more appetizing than a buttery caramel coated in deep, dark chocolate.
That may be enough to make you rush to place an order. However, Sweet Street Desserts has over 50 items on the menu and they are all worthy of consideration. Prior to looking through our extensive dessert list, contemplate what these chocolate and caramel delicacies might taste like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack – Layers of buttery caramel, creamy milk chocolate and a sweet and salty peanut butter crunch compose this heap of deliciousness.
- Rockslide Brownie – The base of this brownie extravaganza is topped with additional brownie chunks, luscious caramel, toasted pecans and a decadent milk chocolate ganache drizzle.
- The Big Blitz – This is the pie that eats like a candy bar, chock full of Snickers chunks, caramel, peanuts, brownie pieces and a tart cream cheese filling.
- Turtle Brownie – A light textured brownie is crowned with milk chocolate ganache and dreamy caramel.
- Irish Cream Bash Pie – Irish Cream enhances the delightfully moist cake crumbles that dot a mouth-watering white chocolate mousse.
- Kentucky Pie – Georgia pecan pie meets a warm chocolate chip cookie.
When it comes to desserts, Sweet Street Desserts has exactly what your mouth is screaming for. Place your order today and be one step closer to the glorious arrival of a package unlike any you have ever feasted on before. FedEx will bring your treats to your door via a Styrofoam-lined package complete with dry ice and instructions for ensuring ultimate freshness.
Dessert deliveries cultivate “the power of good food shared.” Call us at (610) 929-2900 and get yours today!