Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER
- MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Greenville, SC)
- OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Greenville, SC)
- QUALITY SUPERVISOR (Greenville, SC)
1. Position: Process/Project Engineer
Purpose: The Process/Project Engineer is responsible for cost effectively designing and implementing production methodology, equipment, facility expansions and improvements. The position also provides support to assure cost effective, quality production.
Complete equipment, process and facility improvement plans including:
- Preliminary information gathering, analysis and justification of project in order to set priority
- Resource identification
- Detailed information gathering, analysis, justification and AR development
- Expedition of approvals
- Development of clear functional specifications
- Purchase order, payment plan & vendor agreement development
- Detailed Implementation and training plan
- Execute projects in terms of quality, timeliness, completeness and effectiveness in reaching the stated goals and objectives, on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with other departments in terms of ongoing effectiveness of equipment and process improvements. Monitor utilization, determine effectiveness, and return on implemented improvements.
- Analyze existing production requirements and validity of improvement recommendations. Response to requests for support from other departments.
- Provide Support of new product releases. Review existing practices, identify potential areas for improvement, and analyze process and equipment alternatives.
- Complete timely and accurate weekly status reports.
- Facilitate effective project team meetings.
- Effectively develop and maintain quality partnerships with management and co-workers at all levels to promote and implement improvement projects. Maintain interpersonal and leadership growth.
- Degreed chemical Engineer (preferred) or mechanical Engineer with 7-10 years food process manufacturing experience.
- Must possess knowledge in batch and continuous processing, project management skills, and proven history of accomplishments.
- CAD skills preferred.
- Controls experience a plus.
- Team oriented and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
2. MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Greenville, SC)
Reports to: Plant Manager
Purpose: Coordinate activities of maintenance team in order to efficiently ensure equipment reliability and cleanliness in order to support production goals. Drive improvements in department to processes and procedures to make our team more effective and to better support Sweet Street overall.
- Develop expertise, run the implementation and the ongoing management of the E-Maintenance System. Assure that maintenance techs are using the system.
- Work with Machinery Manufacturer’s documentation and Engineers, Lead Mechanic and Facility Engineers to develop PMs Descriptions and Frequency, put them into E Maintenance system. Manage the distribution of the PMs and tracking of PM completion.
- With Lead Mechanics plan work of labor resources within the Maintenance department to assure functional readiness and cleanliness of equipment to meet production requirements and safety standards. Obtain management input and modify as needed.
- Monitor effectiveness of processes and equipment. Work with Maintenance Mechanics and make recommendations and decisions for continuous improvement as appropriate. Track downtime by equipment and focus on improving reliability through PM completion, better PMs, procedures, troubleshooting training.
- Determine and drive improvement of existing processes or procedures including but not limited to: PM procedures, cleaning procedures, changeover procedures etc. Utilize root cause analysis, time studies and other continuous improvement tools to help team become more efficient.
- Effectively interface with peers on other shifts and departments to identify root cause of problems, and implement and document improvements.
- Serve as subject matter expert and owner of EMAINTENANCE system including PMs, storeroom, POs etc.
- Develop, manage and Increase accuracy of Parts inventory and System tracking through cycle counts, work order review and individual mechanic accountability. Track and analyze the performance of mechanics on work orders and PMs.
- Review new service requests and determine completion of work. Liaison with production and communicate status of service requests/work orders to requestor.
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems. Support QA personnel with requests as related to internal and external audits
- Oversee Maintenance storeroom and purchasing functions to ensure accuracy of inventory, parts transactions and storage.
- Assist with providing training to Maintenance Mechanics.
Monitor departmental performance to Key Results Areas including:
- Timeliness of setups, startups and changeovers, with focus on startup after weekend PMs and shutdowns
- Completion of PM’s per schedule
- Number of PM improvements per week
- Reconciliation of parts and labor in MLS
- Min. of 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Formal technical training preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude. Must pass in-house mechanical aptitude test(s).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Familiarity with food processing environment and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Self-starter who can work as team player.
- Ability to make independent decisions utilizing sound analysis and judgment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all staff.
- In-depth experience with computer systems including Excel, word, and Maint. systems
3. OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Greenville, SC)
Reports to: Plant Manager
– Assign number Maintenance work orders and update work order spreadsheet log to keep track of status.
– Perform parts physical inventory.
– Establish spare parts inventory and ordering.
– Track receipt of orders and log storage location
– Perform administrative duties to support MLS. Build MLS equipment catalog.
– Maintain equipment PM schedules.
– Communicate with vendors, providing updates as needed. In case of line downtime/equipment emergency or general malfunction contact vendors and their representative until issue is solved. This might include calls and messages from home depending on the time and the type of emergency.
– Run DOR report.
– Maintain SQF document control, food safety, and HACCP records Track changes on forms and procedures on SQF document register; update, document control and revise or create forms as needed.
– Participate in SQF meetings and inspections. Assist in documenting SQF meetings.
– Support new product development documentation. Creating mix sheets, input information to QAD and SQF checklists. Create SQF “boxes” on n drive for new products being developed.
– Ensure QAD is up-to-date. Write methods and spec sheets, upload into system. Take, modify and add pictures, layouts, create and upload product flow charts through Visio. Update according to spec or BOM updates.
– Create finished product spec sheets for all Greenville items.
- Training and education in administration and computer operations.
- One to two years of experience working in manufacturing or maintenance support function.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Effective organizational and data management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills at various levels to obtain cooperation and information.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
4. QUALITY SUPERVISOR (Greenville, SC)
Reports to: Director of Quality and Compliance; dotted line to SC Plant Manager.
Assure that Sweet Street Desserts products meet the highest quality standards and manage all quality programs.
- Oversee all aspects of plant quality
- Quality system oversight, including HACCP plan development and implementation
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of department budget
- Supervision of department employees
- Active participation and teamwork with functions such as Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Material Control
- Implement and maintain plant certifications. Serve as point of contact for government officials and/or auditors.
- Gluten Free (tbd)
- Others, as required
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems.
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in food processing environment in a QA role.
- Will work hands-on in the production environment and in the QA lab/office.
- Supervisory and leadership skills to manage employees and customer/vendor relationships.
- Excellent organizational abilities, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a start-up situation and to develop systems from the ground up.
- Good problem-solving skills. Excellent analysis, investigation and follow-up ability.
- Proven ability to work independently and in an assertive and vigilant manner.
- Strong attention for accuracy and detail.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to interact with all levels of SSD employees.
- Must be receptive to feedback and constructive input.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, comprehend hazardous material labeling, follow production schedule, and prepare graphs, weights and other production reports as required.