Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Reading, Pa)
1. CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Full and Part Time Available)
PURPOSE: To interface professionally with retail Café’ Sweet Street customers in a manner that creates a positive experience for all clientele and good public relations.
- Assist customers to the café to assure that all clientele have a positive experience.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and verbiage.
- Take and fulfill customer orders for food and beverage with an emphasis on efficient and professional customer service.
- Prepare and plate food items following preparation recipes or instructions, ingredient prep lists, proper portion control and sanitary food handling practices.
- Provide nutritional information to customers as requested or suitable.
- Assist customers with purchase of Sweet Street retail outlet products, including answering questions and recommending items based on customer needs.
- Learn and operate a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Operate the cash register to accurately complete customer transactions. Maintain other records as necessary.
- Follow store opening and closing procedures and checklists.
- Bake bagels, cookies, muffins, pizza and other items to assure availability for purchase.
- Setup food and product displays.
- Restock products and ingredients, as needed, including paper supplies, condiments, and boxes.
- Reorder supplies and ingredients according to inventory and ordering procedures.
- Maintain neat and clean store appearance and work area including counters, display cases, freezers, tables, etc. Assure adherence to safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Such other duties as may be necessary for the operation of the Café.
- High degree of professionalism and customer service orientation to interact with public.
- Ability to operate cash register and accurately handle currency.
- Reliability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and to work efficiently, safely and carefully.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and comprehend) in order to assist customers in person and on the phone