Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Reading, Pa)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Reading, Pa)
- GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT (Reading, Pa)
1. CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Full and Part Time Available)
PURPOSE: To interface professionally with retail Café’ Sweet Street customers in a manner that creates a positive experience for all clientele and good public relations.
- Assist customers to the café to assure that all clientele have a positive experience.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and verbiage.
- Take and fulfill customer orders for food and beverage with an emphasis on efficient and professional customer service.
- Prepare and plate food items following preparation recipes or instructions, ingredient prep lists, proper portion control and sanitary food handling practices.
- Provide nutritional information to customers as requested or suitable.
- Assist customers with purchase of Sweet Street retail outlet products, including answering questions and recommending items based on customer needs.
- Learn and operate a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Operate the cash register to accurately complete customer transactions. Maintain other records as necessary.
- Follow store opening and closing procedures and checklists.
- Bake bagels, cookies, muffins, pizza and other items to assure availability for purchase.
- Setup food and product displays.
- Restock products and ingredients, as needed, including paper supplies, condiments, and boxes.
- Reorder supplies and ingredients according to inventory and ordering procedures.
- Maintain neat and clean store appearance and work area including counters, display cases, freezers, tables, etc. Assure adherence to safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Such other duties as may be necessary for the operation of the Café.
- High degree of professionalism and customer service orientation to interact with public.
- Ability to operate cash register and accurately handle currency.
- Reliability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and to work efficiently, safely and carefully.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and comprehend) in order to assist customers in person and on the phone.
2. PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Director of Advanced Manufacturing
Purpose: To coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Responsible for all aspects of a project. Oversee teams or be directly responsible for project work depending on the size of the project.
- Serves as the point of contact on projects, answering questions and providing updates
- Assigns tasks and monitors progress while making suggestions for improvement and facilitating the project’s timely completion.
- Ensure all completed work complies with company standards, including on-time, within scope and within budget, taking action if any of those standards are not being met.
- Participate in all aspects of research, development, production, and follow-up for projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience as a project coordinator
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills Ability to develop time and cost estimates, assign tasks efficiently to meet those estimates, and make adjustments to assignments and estimates as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively identify and solve problems, understand how to mitigate risk factors
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
3. GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Perform accounting functions related to the International business and price development ensuring that all responsibilities are accurately achieved and deadlines are met.
- International accounting activities include the following:
- Update of currency utility and tracking of historical and ytd FX conversions
- Monthly intercompany reconciliation schedules between SSD UK, SSD France and SSD USA
- Periodic reconciliation of all other balance sheet accounts as necessary
- Point of contact with 3rd party accountants in U.K., France, Netherlands and other locals as identified for local accounting GAAP guidance, payroll administration and other matters as they arise
- Prepare International entities’ US GAAP financial statements.
- Review of Accounts Payable invoices and submit for approvals as necessary
- International financial reporting and analysis in total and by region
- International budget preparation
- Commissions for international brokers as needed
- Prepare schedules to load international financial detail into the data warehouse
- Prepare information for use in the Balance Scorecard
- Maintain ERP accounting parameters for International entities
- Calculate and maintain intercompany pricing schedules
- Coordinate with SSD accounts payables and accounts receivables as necessary to ensure accurate accounting and smooth processes
- Support other projects as needed
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting with multi-currencies and FX accounting.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and data management.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to work independently, exercising judgment to assure appropriate decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.