Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
Click here to complete an online application.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 610-921-1134
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Production Supervisor- 2nd Shift
- Financial Analysis
1. PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR- 2nd Shift
REPORTS TO: Production Superintendent
To coordinate the finishing and decorating of product. To coordinate the transfer of frozen product from the freezer, depan it, and portion it at proper speed, maintaining standards of quality necessary for the portioning line to package quality product.
- Oversee the set-up and preparation of all machines, materials, products, etc. prior to the beginning of each shift or run of product.
- Verify that products are adequately tempered for finishing and depanning/portioning.
- Work with Maintenance to plan, coordinate, oversee and execute machinery changeovers, setups and startups utilizing Production, Maintenance and Sanitation personnel per the production schedule, to achieve on-time startups and minimize downtime.
- Monitor achievement of production schedule, yield to goals, waste and outlet.
- Supervise and manage department manpower, including ordering temporary employees as necessary, to assure adequate labor resources to achieve the schedule. Assign tasks and supervise, train and coach all subordinates.
- Initiate Mentoring program.
- Fill in at any station as needed due to absence or employee turnover.
- Assure that all necessary quality checks are conducted during the shift, that product meets QA Display and quality guidelines.
- Assure strict adherence to GMP, SOP, Allergen control, and HACCP requirements.
- Oversee food safety tasks as required for foreign material control, sanitation, critical control point operation, GMP’s and storage practices.
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems.
- pate in shift-to-shift tie-ins with Production and Maintenance personnel.
- Conduct training and orientation of employees including SOP’s, GMP’s, Allergen control, departmental safety guidelines, and proper operation of equipment.
- Maintain effective safe practices to reduce safety incidents. Participate in accident investigation to identify and eliminate unsafe practices and conditions.
- Perform employment functions including interviewing candidates for employment, conducting corrective action counseling, and monitoring pay for skills programs.
- Conduct weekly communication meetings with supervisors and employees to creative positive, proactive communications and problem-solving opportunities.
- Solicit improvement suggestions from employee group and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Review CPI opportunities and potential for changes with appropriate departments including QA, Safety, HR, and Maintenance.
- Attend production status meetings.
- Complete all necessary production reports.
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in a fast-paced packaging environment.
- Proven ability to train, motivate and coordinate to attain objectives.
- Ability to assess employee performance, and develop corrective action as needed.
- Production experience with utilizing transfer (conveyor) technology.
- Capability of communicating clearly and concisely with all levels of staff.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, comprehend hazardous material labeling, follow production schedule, and prepare graphs, weights and other production reports as required.
2. Financial Analysis
Purpose: Perform functions related to financial analysis and development of pricing ensuring that all responsibilities are accurately achieved and deadlines are met.
- Research plant production and inventory variances, identify root causes, and provide action plan.
- Analyze SL9 cost data for accuracy.
- Populate plant scorecards and additional plant reporting as required.
- Track and report department expenses variances to budget.
- Develop plant and department spend budgets.
- Fixed asset analysis ROI, lease vs buy, etc.
- Prepare information for use in the Balance Scorecard
- Prepare schedules to load international financial detail into the data warehouse
- Special Projects
Pricing activities including:
- Summarize all cost information into a product pricing P&L’s and special summaries as needed for managements’ pricing decisions.
- Prepare customer data requests/formats and variance explanations.
- Work with BDM’s to support their efforts and answer customer questions.
- Challenge, investigate and resolve costing assumptions as needed.
- Make recommendations to improve cost structures of products and/or improve practicality of customer acceptance.
- Enhance and modify pricing models as needed to streamline processes, ensure accuracy and adapt to changing management needs.
Degree in Accounting or Finance
Minimum of 5 years of accounting or financial analysis experience.
Advanced Excel knowledge and data management.
Ability to multi-task.
Effective problem-solving skills and ability to work independently, exercising judgment to assure appropriate decision making.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.