Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Reading, Pa)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Reading, Pa)
- PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER (Reading, Pa)
1. CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Full and Part Time Available)
PURPOSE: To interface professionally with retail Café’ Sweet Street customers in a manner that creates a positive experience for all clientele and good public relations.
- Assist customers to the café to assure that all clientele have a positive experience.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and verbiage.
- Take and fulfill customer orders for food and beverage with an emphasis on efficient and professional customer service.
- Prepare and plate food items following preparation recipes or instructions, ingredient prep lists, proper portion control and sanitary food handling practices.
- Provide nutritional information to customers as requested or suitable.
- Assist customers with purchase of Sweet Street retail outlet products, including answering questions and recommending items based on customer needs.
- Learn and operate a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Operate the cash register to accurately complete customer transactions. Maintain other records as necessary.
- Follow store opening and closing procedures and checklists.
- Bake bagels, cookies, muffins, pizza and other items to assure availability for purchase.
- Setup food and product displays.
- Restock products and ingredients, as needed, including paper supplies, condiments, and boxes.
- Reorder supplies and ingredients according to inventory and ordering procedures.
- Maintain neat and clean store appearance and work area including counters, display cases, freezers, tables, etc. Assure adherence to safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Such other duties as may be necessary for the operation of the Café.
- High degree of professionalism and customer service orientation to interact with public.
- Ability to operate cash register and accurately handle currency.
- Reliability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and to work efficiently, safely and carefully.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and comprehend) in order to assist customers in person and on the phone.
2. PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Director of Advanced Manufacturing
Purpose: To coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Responsible for all aspects of a project. Oversee teams or be directly responsible for project work depending on the size of the project.
- Serves as the point of contact on projects, answering questions and providing updates
- Assigns tasks and monitors progress while making suggestions for improvement and facilitating the project’s timely completion.
- Ensure all completed work complies with company standards, including on-time, within scope and within budget, taking action if any of those standards are not being met.
- Participate in all aspects of research, development, production, and follow-up for projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience as a project coordinator
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills Ability to develop time and cost estimates, assign tasks efficiently to meet those estimates, and make adjustments to assignments and estimates as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively identify and solve problems, understand how to mitigate risk factors
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
3. PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER
Purpose: The Process/Project Engineer is responsible for cost effectively designing and implementing production methodology, equipment, facility expansions and improvements. The position also provides support to assure cost effective, quality production.
- Complete equipment, process and facility improvement plans including:
- Preliminary information gathering, analysis and justification of project in order to set priority
- Resource identification
- Detailed information gathering, analysis, justification and AR development
- Expedition of approvals
- Development of clear functional specifications
- Purchase order, payment plan & vendor agreement development
- Detailed Implementation and training planS
- Execute projects in terms of quality, timeliness, completeness and effectiveness in reaching the stated goals and objectives, on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with other departments in terms of ongoing effectiveness of equipment and process improvements. Monitor utilization, determine effectiveness, and return on implemented improvements.
- Analyze existing production requirements and validity of improvement recommendations. Response to requests for support from other departments.
- Provide Support of new product releases. Review existing practices, identify potential areas for improvement, and analyze process and equipment alternatives.
- Complete timely and accurate weekly status reports.
- Facilitate effective project team meetings.
- Effectively develop and maintain quality partnerships with management and co-workers at all levels to promote and implement improvement projects. Maintain interpersonal and leadership growth.
- Degreed chemical Engineer (preferred) or mechanical Engineer with 7-10 years food process manufacturing experience.
- Must possess knowledge in batch and continuous processing, project management skills, and proven history of accomplishments.
- CAD skills preferred.
- Controls experience a plus.
- Team oriented and able to communicate effectively at all levels.