Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Reading, Pa)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Reading, Pa)
- GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT (Reading, Pa)
- SOUTHEAST U.S. REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Greenville, SC)
- PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER (Reading, Pa)
1. CAFE SALES ASSISTANT (Full and Part Time Available)
PURPOSE: To interface professionally with retail Café’ Sweet Street customers in a manner that creates a positive experience for all clientele and good public relations.
- Assist customers to the café to assure that all clientele have a positive experience.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and verbiage.
- Take and fulfill customer orders for food and beverage with an emphasis on efficient and professional customer service.
- Prepare and plate food items following preparation recipes or instructions, ingredient prep lists, proper portion control and sanitary food handling practices.
- Provide nutritional information to customers as requested or suitable.
- Assist customers with purchase of Sweet Street retail outlet products, including answering questions and recommending items based on customer needs.
- Learn and operate a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Operate the cash register to accurately complete customer transactions. Maintain other records as necessary.
- Follow store opening and closing procedures and checklists.
- Bake bagels, cookies, muffins, pizza and other items to assure availability for purchase.
- Setup food and product displays.
- Restock products and ingredients, as needed, including paper supplies, condiments, and boxes.
- Reorder supplies and ingredients according to inventory and ordering procedures.
- Maintain neat and clean store appearance and work area including counters, display cases, freezers, tables, etc. Assure adherence to safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Such other duties as may be necessary for the operation of the Café.
- High degree of professionalism and customer service orientation to interact with public.
- Ability to operate cash register and accurately handle currency.
- Reliability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and to work efficiently, safely and carefully.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and comprehend) in order to assist customers in person and on the phone.
2. PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Director of Advanced Manufacturing
Purpose: To coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Responsible for all aspects of a project. Oversee teams or be directly responsible for project work depending on the size of the project.
- Serves as the point of contact on projects, answering questions and providing updates
- Assigns tasks and monitors progress while making suggestions for improvement and facilitating the project’s timely completion.
- Ensure all completed work complies with company standards, including on-time, within scope and within budget, taking action if any of those standards are not being met.
- Participate in all aspects of research, development, production, and follow-up for projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience as a project coordinator
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills Ability to develop time and cost estimates, assign tasks efficiently to meet those estimates, and make adjustments to assignments and estimates as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively identify and solve problems, understand how to mitigate risk factors
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
3. GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Perform accounting functions related to the International business and price development ensuring that all responsibilities are accurately achieved and deadlines are met.
- International accounting activities include the following:
- Update of currency utility and tracking of historical and ytd FX conversions
- Monthly intercompany reconciliation schedules between SSD UK, SSD France and SSD USA
- Periodic reconciliation of all other balance sheet accounts as necessary
- Point of contact with 3rd party accountants in U.K., France, Netherlands and other locals as identified for local accounting GAAP guidance, payroll administration and other matters as they arise
- Prepare International entities’ US GAAP financial statements.
- Review of Accounts Payable invoices and submit for approvals as necessary
- International financial reporting and analysis in total and by region
- International budget preparation
- Commissions for international brokers as needed
- Prepare schedules to load international financial detail into the data warehouse
- Prepare information for use in the Balance Scorecard
- Maintain ERP accounting parameters for International entities
- Calculate and maintain intercompany pricing schedules
- Coordinate with SSD accounts payables and accounts receivables as necessary to ensure accurate accounting and smooth processes
- Support other projects as needed
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting with multi-currencies and FX accounting.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and data management.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to work independently, exercising judgment to assure appropriate decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
4. SOUTHEAST REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
POSITION: The objective of this position is to develop sales through food brokers, distributors and targeted operators within the foodservice segment. The successful candidate will be proficient in selling and developing relationships with key multi-unit accounts, and strategically important operators. He or she will also have a thorough understanding of the relationship between manufacturers, food brokers, distributors, and operators. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing and developing all aspects of their respective region to include new product distribution, distributor relationships, broker development.
The position requires regular National travel. . The region includes the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee and Mississippi. The candidate should be living somewhere in the center of this region, preferably in a major metropolitan area.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Successful execution of Sweet Street Desserts’ objectives in assigned Region.
- Assist Division Manager in negotiating Key distributor and operator programs.
- Preparing sales plans, forecasts, market analysis and market strategies
- Reporting pertinent information to management.
- Management, Training and development of Company’s Brokers in assigned region
- Development of Company’s Business in all multi-unit accounts within assigned region.
- Development of distribution within assigned region
- Development of new products through new distribution and operator penetration.
- Develop sales and profits within assigned multi-regional accounts nationally.
- Develop systems and support processes to create opportunities and programs at the region level.
- Assist Division Manager to achieve sales objectives and incremental volume within assigned accounts.
- Training of broker personnel to effectively sell Sweet Street Desserts Products
- Capturing a disproportionate share of broker’s available sales time toward the development of the Sweet Street Desserts’ foodservice product portfolio
- Motivating, training and developing the broker and distributor sales representatives to sell Sweet Street Desserts’ foodservice products.
- To meet the competitive challenge with more effective and creative programs which will assist in maintaining our leadership in the foodservice industry.
- Motivating, training and developing programs to assist your peers to sell Sweet Street Desserts’ foodservice products to National Accounts, large multi-regional chains and regional chains.
- Effectively sell and develop large multi-unit accounts and key accounts – seeking out key personnel such as R&D, Operations, Owners, and top executives to assist in the development of our business with these accounts.
- Candidate will need to be proficient in successfully balancing customer needs and company objectives to ensure a mutually beneficial long-term relationship.
The successful candidate will be ambitious, results oriented and well organized. This position requires a wide variety of skills and impeccable work ethic since the duties involve working closely with buyers, R&D personnel, chefs, brokers, national accounts, distributors, and other internal Sweet Street Desserts personnel.
Specific qualifications include:
- Four Year College degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years foodservice experience including broker management and business development within Distributors, Multi-unit accounts, and Operators.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written format.
- Ability to train, motivate and recruit people
- Culinary skills desirable
- National Account experience desirable
- Proficient knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail programs
5. ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Reports to: Plant Engineering and Maintenance Manager
- Responsible for application of a variety of electrical concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Support Sweet Street production and maintenance teams daily to ensure downtime is minimized and production efficiencies are maximized. Review production and maintenance reports for downtime events daily and monthly. Build projects and/or provide coaching for maintenance team in order to minimize downtime events in the future. Collect data and analyze for solutions.
- Design, develop, and supervise all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery.
- Responsible for management and backup of all PLC programs. Oversee the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software. Serve as primary point of contact for downtime events related to PLC issues not solvable by initial troubleshooting. Build maintenance team’s capability in PLC troubleshooting through combination of hands-on instruction, troubleshooting manuals and third party training.
- Identify and lead energy saving opportunity projects.
- Responsible for electrical infrastructure of plant, including switchgear.
- Collaborate with AMT and Maintenance teams to ensure any new equipment brought in is up to Sweet Street electrical and control standards.
- Provide guidance to Maintenance electricians, including contract electricians. Work closely with Facility Maintenance Manager to ensure that electricians are fully utilized and supporting projects as needed.
- Manage projects including meetings with appropriate personnel, fact-finding, research, analysis, development of alternative solutions, financial justification and development of formal appropriation requests as well as vendor selection, management and project implementation and testing thru final production signoff.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college / university.
- Minimum of three years proven experience in an industrial control design environment. Experience in food processing environment a plus.
- Experience with AB PLC’s, Siemens, HMI & Data Acquisition.
- Commitment to execute projects in a time frame determined by operation requirements.
- Ability to manage and conduct projects from concept to implementation in accordance with any national or local codes.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable relating to all disciplines.
6. PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER
Purpose: The Process/Project Engineer is responsible for cost effectively designing and implementing production methodology, equipment, facility expansions and improvements. The position also provides support to assure cost effective, quality production.
- Complete equipment, process and facility improvement plans including:
- Preliminary information gathering, analysis and justification of project in order to set priority
- Resource identification
- Detailed information gathering, analysis, justification and AR development
- Expedition of approvals
- Development of clear functional specifications
- Purchase order, payment plan & vendor agreement development
- Detailed Implementation and training planS
- Execute projects in terms of quality, timeliness, completeness and effectiveness in reaching the stated goals and objectives, on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with other departments in terms of ongoing effectiveness of equipment and process improvements. Monitor utilization, determine effectiveness, and return on implemented improvements.
- Analyze existing production requirements and validity of improvement recommendations. Response to requests for support from other departments.
- Provide Support of new product releases. Review existing practices, identify potential areas for improvement, and analyze process and equipment alternatives.
- Complete timely and accurate weekly status reports.
- Facilitate effective project team meetings.
- Effectively develop and maintain quality partnerships with management and co-workers at all levels to promote and implement improvement projects. Maintain interpersonal and leadership growth.
- Degreed chemical Engineer (preferred) or mechanical Engineer with 7-10 years food process manufacturing experience.
- Must possess knowledge in batch and continuous processing, project management skills, and proven history of accomplishments.
- CAD skills preferred.
- Controls experience a plus.
- Team oriented and able to communicate effectively at all levels.