Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Greenville, SC)
- INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. (Reading, Pa)
- MIDWEST BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
1. OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Greenville, SC)
Reports to: Plant Manager
- Assign number Maintenance work orders and update work order spreadsheet log to keep track of status.
- Perform parts physical inventory.
- Establish spare parts inventory and ordering.
- Track receipt of orders and log storage location
- Perform administrative duties to support MLS. Build MLS equipment catalog.
- Maintain equipment PM schedules.
- Communicate with vendors, providing updates as needed. In case of line downtime/equipment emergency or general malfunction contact vendors and their representative until issue is solved. This might include calls and messages from home depending on the time and the type of emergency.
- Run DOR report.
- Maintain SQF document control, food safety, and HACCP records Track changes on forms and procedures on SQF document register; update, document control and revise or create forms as needed.
- Participate in SQF meetings and inspections. Assist in documenting SQF meetings.
- Support new product development documentation. Creating mix sheets, input information to QAD and SQF checklists. Create SQF “boxes” on n drive for new products being developed.
- Ensure QAD is up-to-date. Write methods and spec sheets, upload into system. Take, modify and add pictures, layouts, create and upload product flow charts through Visio. Update according to spec or BOM updates.
- Create finished product spec sheets for all Greenville items.
- Training and education in administration and computer operations.
- One to two years of experience working in manufacturing or maintenance support function.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Effective organizational and data management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills at various levels to obtain cooperation and information.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
2. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
PURPOSE: Ensure that Sweet Street Desserts International customers are satisfied in all aspects of sales support and customer service including but not limited to: Quality product, timely delivery of orders, order accuracy, minimizing costs.
- Support International sales team efforts, including serving as primary contact for overseas customers, customs brokers, warehouses, logistics providers and other contacts.
- Process international customer orders and coordinate shipping. Set up and hire trucks to deliver orders. Track and process freight bills. Allocate short inventory and rollouts to chain customers. Perform all aspects of processing orders & shipping sample orders to existing & new countries.
- When product shortages occur or are anticipated, determine customer priorities, reach appropriate decision and communicate decision directly to the customers and end users.
- Process Over/Shorts/Damages on orders. This includes working with warehouse, freight carriers & Distributors.
- Respond to customer requests regarding orders, shipments, inquiries, concerns, etc, via phone, fax or e-mail. Translate emails.
- Process all customs paperwork for sample air shipments from US to overseas, including applying for USDA health certificate/sanitation certificate, coordinating and communicating with freight forwarder, obtaining Chamber of Commerce certification on shipments.
- Identify and gather information on new areas of the country to ship samples/orders to.
- Assist International VP and International Business Development Managers as needed..
- QC and labeling coordination for new items & new countries.
- Packing samples to be air freighted
- Participate in establishing appropriate departmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills to present a positive, professional image with all levels of personnel and to communicate effectively with foreign customers.
- 2-5 years customer service experience preferred.
- Degree in business or related discipline preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple challenges and projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
- Effective problem solving skills, attention to detail and follow-up.
- Able to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Working hours flexible, 8 hours per day, with starting time between 5:00 – 7:00 am to be available for international communications. Occasional additional hours per day required.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and Syteline.
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in English. Language skills in Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese and/or other languages a plus.
- Experience in International customer service/shipping a plus.
3. MIDWEST BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
POSITION: The objective of this position is to develop sales through food brokers, distributors and targeted operators within the foodservice segment. The successful candidate will be proficient in selling and developing relationships with key multi-unit accounts, national accounts, and strategically important operators. He or she will also have a thorough understanding of the relationship between manufacturers, food brokers, distributors, and operators. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and developing all aspects of their respective region to include new product distribution, distributor relationships, broker development and budget control.
Territory: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota
The position requires regular National travel. The candidate should be living somewhere in the center of this region, preferably in a major metropolitan area.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Successful execution of Sweet Street Desserts’ objectives in assigned Region.
- Managing all local promotional support funds and expense budgets.
- Preparing sales plans, forecasts, market analysis and market strategies
- Reporting pertinent information to management.
- Management, Training and development of Company’s Brokers in assigned region
- Development of Company’s Business in all multi-unit accounts within assigned region.
- Development of assigned National Accounts in Region
- Development of distribution within assigned region
- Development of new products through new distribution and operator penetration.
- Develop sales and profits within assigned multi-regional accounts nationally.
- Develop systems and support processes to create opportunities and programs at the region level.
- Assist all BDM’s to achieve sales objectives and incremental volume within assigned accounts.
- Training of broker personnel to effectively sell Sweet Street Desserts Products
- Capturing a disproportionate share of broker’s available sales time toward the development of the Sweet Street Desserts’ foodservice product portfolio
- Motivating, training and developing the broker and distributor sales representatives to sell Sweet Street Desserts’ foodservice products.
- To meet the competitive challenge with more effective and creative programs which will assist in maintaining our leadership in the foodservice industry.
- Motivating, training and developing programs to assist your peers to sell Sweet Street Desserts’ foodservice products to National Accounts, large multi-regional chains and regional chains.
- Effectively sell and develop large multi-unit accounts and targeted National Accounts – seeking out key personnel such as R&D, Operations, Owners, and top executives to assist in the development of our business with these accounts.
- Candidate will need to be proficient in successfully balancing customer needs and company objectives to ensure a mutually beneficial long-term relationship
CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will be ambitious, results oriented and well organized. This position requires a wide variety of skills and impeccable work ethic since the duties involve working closely with buyers, R&D personnel, chefs, brokers, national accounts, distributors, and other internal Sweet Street Desserts personnel.
Specific qualifications include:
- Four Year College degree – Advance Degree desirable
- Foodservice experience (3 years plus) in managing brokers
- Foodservice experience (3 years plus) in developing Foodservice business within Distributors, Multi-unit accounts, and Operators.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written format.
- Ability to train, motivate and recruit people
- Culinary skills desirable
- National Account experience desirable
- Proficient knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail programs desirable
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus of 30% on incremental sales over quota and individual sales objectives.
- Negotiated per month automobile allowance
- Business expenses reimbursed
- Life Insurance:
- Medical and Dental Insurance including prescription plan
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays