Forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
722 Hiesters Lane
Reading, PA 19605
or fax to 610-921-1134.
Sweet Street is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- FACILITY ENGINEERING MANAGER
- PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER
- MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Greenville)
1. FACILITY ENGINEERING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director of Plant Engineering & Maintenance
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the SSD plant, buildings and infrastructure including HVAC, ammonia
- refrigeration, waste water pre-treatment plant, compressed air, water, boilers, bulk silo system, lighting and site power distribution and related systems.
- Assure compliance with local ordinances and environmental regulations.
- Troubleshoot equipment and facility issues to develop and implement solutions.
- Assist in the planning and execution of plant Engineering projects and repairs.
- Oversee the preventive maintenance and repair of Buildings, Roof, Walls, Windows, Doors, Floors, Freezers, Refrigeration Units/Systems, Ventilation, HVAC, Power Distribution, Water Service, Gas Service, Compressed Air, Sprinkler Systems, Steam Generation & Distribution , Chilled Water generation & Distribution, Illumination, Waste Water Treatment Plant, Drainage Systems/Sumps, Parking Areas & Access Roads.
- Gather technical data and prepare justification for projects, including preparation of Appropriation Requests, vendor analysis and selection, purchase order requisitions, work orders and project timelines.
- Monitor project progress and prepare summary report of all projects, schedules & status on a weekly basis.
- Organize and direct all facility tasks to support production efficiency, safety, food safety and GMPs.
- Oversee food safety tasks as required for foreign material control, sanitation, critical control point operation, GMP’s and storage practices.
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems.
- Manage Facility Maintenance functions in cooperation with other operational departments.
- Manage the Waste Water Treatment Plant operation including overseeing the daily schedule and activities of the WWTP operator.
- Coordinate grounds keeping and snow removal with contractor.
- Supervise Facility Maintenance Mechanics, including scheduling, assignments, training, performance monitoring, and evaluations.
- Assist in management of projects, repairs, upgrades and trouble situations. Participate in repair/upgrade/replace decisions, collaborating with others, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of project presentation and appropriation requests for facility improvements and production equipment. Participate in rationalization of equipment selection and testing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a food and beverage manufacturing facility maintenance management role.
- Degree in a technical field of knowledge ( Mechanical or electrical engineering degree preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of utility systems & equipment including ammonia refrigeration, waste water treatment & HVAC
- Demonstrated skills in mechanical and electrical systems / methods. PLC experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and off hours, as well as flexibility to work off location.
- Thorough understanding of GMP and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Must be an excellent communicator in English (read, write and converse) in order to give and receive written and verbal job and safety instructions and provide clear reporting to management.
2. Position: Process/Project Engineer
Purpose: The Process/Project Engineer is responsible for cost effectively designing and implementing production methodology, equipment, facility expansions and improvements. The position also provides support to assure cost effective, quality production.
Complete equipment, process and facility improvement plans including:
- Preliminary information gathering, analysis and justification of project in order to set priority
- Resource identification
- Detailed information gathering, analysis, justification and AR development
- Expedition of approvals
- Development of clear functional specifications
- Purchase order, payment plan & vendor agreement development
- Detailed Implementation and training plan
- Execute projects in terms of quality, timeliness, completeness and effectiveness in reaching the stated goals and objectives, on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with other departments in terms of ongoing effectiveness of equipment and process improvements. Monitor utilization, determine effectiveness, and return on implemented improvements.
- Analyze existing production requirements and validity of improvement recommendations. Response to requests for support from other departments.
- Provide Support of new product releases. Review existing practices, identify potential areas for improvement, and analyze process and equipment alternatives.
- Complete timely and accurate weekly status reports.
- Facilitate effective project team meetings.
- Effectively develop and maintain quality partnerships with management and co-workers at all levels to promote and implement improvement projects. Maintain interpersonal and leadership growth.
- Degreed chemical Engineer (preferred) or mechanical Engineer with 7-10 years food process manufacturing experience.
- Must possess knowledge in batch and continuous processing, project management skills, and proven history of accomplishments.
- CAD skills preferred.
- Controls experience a plus.
- Team oriented and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
3. MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Greenville)
Reports to: Plant Manager
Purpose: Coordinate activities of maintenance team in order to efficiently ensure equipment reliability and cleanliness in order to support production goals. Drive improvements in department to processes and procedures to make our team more effective and to better support Sweet Street overall.
- Develop expertise, run the implementation and the ongoing management of the E-Maintenance System. Assure that maintenance techs are using the system.
- Work with Machinery Manufacturer’s documentation and Engineers, Lead Mechanic and Facility Engineers to develop PMs Descriptions and Frequency, put them into E Maintenance system. Manage the distribution of the PMs and tracking of PM completion.
- With Lead Mechanics plan work of labor resources within the Maintenance department to assure functional readiness and cleanliness of equipment to meet production requirements and safety standards. Obtain management input and modify as needed.
- Monitor effectiveness of processes and equipment. Work with Maintenance Mechanics and make recommendations and decisions for continuous improvement as appropriate. Track downtime by equipment and focus on improving reliability through PM completion, better PMs, procedures, troubleshooting training.
- Determine and drive improvement of existing processes or procedures including but not limited to: PM procedures, cleaning procedures, changeover procedures etc. Utilize root cause analysis, time studies and other continuous improvement tools to help team become more efficient.
- Effectively interface with peers on other shifts and departments to identify root cause of problems, and implement and document improvements.
- Serve as subject matter expert and owner of EMAINTENANCE system including PMs, storeroom, POs etc.
- Develop, manage and Increase accuracy of Parts inventory and System tracking through cycle counts, work order review and individual mechanic accountability. Track and analyze the performance of mechanics on work orders and PMs.
- Review new service requests and determine completion of work. Liaison with production and communicate status of service requests/work orders to requestor.
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems. Support QA personnel with requests as related to internal and external audits
- Oversee Maintenance storeroom and purchasing functions to ensure accuracy of inventory, parts transactions and storage.
- Assist with providing training to Maintenance Mechanics.
Monitor departmental performance to Key Results Areas including:
- Timeliness of setups, startups and changeovers, with focus on startup after weekend PMs and shutdowns
- Completion of PM’s per schedule
- Number of PM improvements per week
- Reconciliation of parts and labor in MLS
- Min. of 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Formal technical training preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude. Must pass in-house mechanical aptitude test(s).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Familiarity with food processing environment and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Self-starter who can work as team player.
- Ability to make independent decisions utilizing sound analysis and judgment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all staff.
- In-depth experience with computer systems including Excel, word, and Maint. systems.