While the reach of our company is global, we believe the greatest positive impact we can make as a corporate citizen is local. At Sweet Street, we have a sweet spot for causes that focus on improving the quality of life for children, their families and our community. Sweet Street regularly supports many local organizations and we have been fortunate to receive many awards & recognition’s from many of them for our efforts.
Additionally, as a certified Woman Owned Business, we continually emphasize our commitment to the most important resource – people. We provide many programs that encourage ongoing education and development of our employee base. Such as, skills training, language programs and scholarship funds. These efforts extend from our community into the industry where we have received national recognition for this commitment to our employees and community.
- Sweet Street awarded The National Restaurant Association® 2017 Food and Beverage (FABI) Award
- Sweet Street received the Gordon Food Service Diversity Supplier Award
- Sandy Solmon named 2014 Cornell Hospitality Innovator of the Year
- Sandy Solmon awarded Honorary Degree from Alvernia University
- Sandy Solmon awarded the Berks Country/Business Weekly Traditions Steward Award
- Sandy Solmon recognized by Union Dominicana for Hispanic Community Development
- Sandy Solmon recognized by PA Senator Judith Schwank for dedication to diverse ethnicity employment
- Sandy Solmon recognized by City of Reading City Council for exemplary community service leader
- Sweet Street named a Gordon Food Service Cornerstone Partner for excellence in service
- Sweet Street named a Gordon Food Service VIP Partner for excellence in service
- Sweet Street awarded the DOT Foods Quality & Service Award
- Sandy Solmon awarded the Champion of Youth Award from Olivet Boys & Girls Club
- Sweet Street was awarded the Sysco Heritage Award, presented to Sysco’s top women and minority-owned businesses
- Sweet Street receives #1 Scoring placement for advertisements in Nation’s Restaurant News
- Sweet Street named a Superior Brand by USFS Credibility in Food Service
- Sandy Solmon named Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business
- Sandy Solmon was recognized for her individual achievements by Cedar Crest College.
- Sweet Street is inducted into the MUFSO supplier Hall of Fame
- Sweet Street receives Culinology Top Innovation Award by Research Chef’s Association of Chocolate Pyramid Anglaise
- Sweet Street named Berks County, PA Large Manufacturer of the Year
- Sweet Street awarded Gordon Foodservice Cornerstone Partner for Excellence in Service
- Sweet Street awarded the “Diverse Supplier of the Year” by Sodexho USA
- Sweet Street won Cognito’s Best Foodservice New Product Award for Cheesecake Xangos
- Sweet Street awarded The Berks County Chamber of Commerce Large Manufacturer of the Year Award
- Sweet Street was the National Prepared Foods Association’s “Honoree of the Year”
- In a landmark decision by the U.S. Copyright Office, Sweet Street receives copyright protection for 15 of its cakes and pies. It was the first time ever that edible products were awarded this kind of legal protection for their product designs.
- Sandy Solmon awarded the “Entrepreneur of the Year Award” by Inc. Magazine