Editors note: The event was held on December 19th, 2020.
READING, PA – December 14th 2020- Sweet Street Desserts, Reading, PA based bakery, announced that a free dessert giveaway for the public will take place Saturday, December 19th from Noon-4pm, or while supplies last. The event will take place at FirstEnergy Stadium, home to the Reading Fightin Phils.
“For 41 years, Sweet Street has called Reading, PA home,” said Sandy Solmon, Sweet Streets’ Founder/CEO. “Giving back to our city has always been our passion; through art and educational programs, community projects. While we support hundreds of non-profit organizations locally, this is the first time we are bringing our desserts direct to the public in such an amazing way. It is an opportunity we are all tremendously thankful for and excited about.”
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS
• All volunteers will have passed a health screening, will be adhering to CDC guidelines and masked.
• All attendees must remain in their vehicle. WALKUPS ARE PROHIBITED.
• Attendees must be masked and avoid all contact with our volunteers.
• Desserts will be distributed in a case, eliminating direct contact. Cases contain anywhere from 20-64 servings.
• Vehicles will NOT BE PERMITTED to get in line until 11:30am.
• All traffic must enter from Rt. 61 at the intersection of Rt. 61 and Cathedral St.
• Dessert distribution will be in the parking lot that runs parallel with N. Front Street across from Stadium
“Desserts provide a moment of sweetness, comfort and joy. This holiday, we are inviting the community to enjoy our desserts with family, share with neighbors or gift to friends. Our hope is to spread a bit of cheer while inspiring others to “share sweetness” any way they can.”– Jennifer Matten, Share Sweetness Event Organizer & Sweet Streets’ Marketing Communications Specialist.
The dessert distribution will be random, with 1 case of dessert given to each car; each case ranges from 20-64 portions. In addition to this incredible giveaway, each attendee will receive 10% off coupons for Café Sweet Street and the Reading Fightin Phils team store, which will be open during the Share Sweetness Event.
About Sweet Street
Sweet Street was born in 1979, when founder Sandy Solmon began baking oversized chocolate chip cookies in a 2-bay garage in Reading, Pennsylvania. Today, Sweet Street is the leading innovator in the dessert industry, baking for restaurants and cafes in over 60 countries. The Company’s commitment to community, passion for artful food and dedication to quality remain the motivation behind every creation. Sweet Street offers over 400 luscious gourmet desserts from big cakes to brulee’d cheesecakes and macarons, dessert bars to loaves, and of course, Sandy’s legendary cookies. Learn more by visiting www.sweetstreet.com.
Leave a Reply