Can you think of anything more delightful than opening your door to a strawberry cheesecake delivery? Tease your taste buds or those of a special friend, family member or coworker by ordering a Sweet Street Desserts cheesecake for any special occasion.
At Sweet Street Desserts in Reading, PA, we’re known for providing the world’s most delicious desserts. They are rated #1 in taste and appearance in the restaurant industry and applauded by customers who are looking for great-tasting, high quality gourmet desserts, such as cakes, pies, cheesecakes, brownies, cupcakes and dessert bars.
How did we earn such a stellar reputation? It could be our passion for food. In the process of creating our desserts, Sweet Street has earned 15 patents in design. Led by founder and CEO Sandy Solmon, our staff turns the best ideas into innovative flavor and texture combinations.
A Few of Our Decadent Cheesecakes
Here are a few of Sweet Street’s customer favorites that helped us earn our reputation for excellence:
- Classic Blueberry Cheese Brulée – Two words… blueberry swirl! Did you know that the wild blueberry is the official fruit of Maine and that the state produces 25% of all blueberries in North America? We think they’re delicious, so we swirl them into our luscious white chocolate cheesecake, place it in a graham cracker crust, and hand-fire and glaze the brulée
- Brown Cow Chocolate Pudding Cheesecake – This creamy cheesecake is the perfect complement to any meal. We add dollops of rich, fudgy chocolate pudding to our creamiest cheesecake and bake it in a scrumptious chocolate crumb crust. It resembles a brown and white Holstein cow!
- Berries and Cream Cheesecake Variety – Can’t decide? No matter who you send it to, this variety cheesecake wheel with 14 slices will be a hit! It’s a heavenly selection of our classic New York Cheesecake, Crème Brulee Cheesecake, Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake, and Strawberry Cream Cheesecake.
Little-Known Cheesecake Trivia
- Most people think cheesecake originated in New York, but the first “cheese cake” was probably created in Ancient Greece over 4,000 years ago. It wasn’t much like the one we enjoy today, but the Greeks served it as energy food to their athletes in the first Olympic Games.
- New York-style cheesecake, with its rich, smooth cream cheese and egg yolk base, was not invented until 1929 by German immigrant, Arnold Reuben, who came up with a tastier replacement for previous cheesecakes made with cottage cheese.
- The makers of Philadelphia Cream Cheese created the world’s largest cheesecake at the Lowville (NY) Cream Cheese Festival in 2013. It was nearly 7.5 feet in diameter and 2.5 feet tall and weighed in at 6,900 pounds. Now that’s a lot of cheesecake!
- Sonya Thomas, a Korean-American from Virginia, currently holds the world record for cheesecake eating. She downed 11 pounds of it in 9 minutes.
- The most expensive cheesecake was Saks Fifth Avenue’s “Festive Two Stack Cheesecake” at $300. It was a 12” triple-mocha cheesecake on a shortbread crust topped with a rich, chocolate decadence cake with smooth toffee buttercream frosting, all packaged in edible “wrapping” (which is now sold out).
- Did you know there’s actually a “Cheesecake Shot”? Make it with ¾-ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream, ¾-ounce pineapple juice and 1/3-ounce Grenadine in a 2-ounce shot glass, and let us know if it tastes anything like cheesecake!
If you’re looking for unique executive gifts, our big selection will make your job so much easier. If you are purchasing for restaurants or coffeehouses, increase your revenue and tempt your customers with cheesecakes and other Sweet Street gourmet desserts. Download brochures and take advantage of the tools we have to offer our foodservice customers.
Arrange a gourmet strawberry cheesecake delivery online, 24 hours a day. We bake them fresh, freeze them immediately, and ship them in insulated containers throughout the continental United States. Or call us at (610) 929-2900 for assistance.