Send a decadent cheesecake gift to celebrate a birthday, graduation, retirement, Easter, Mother’s Day, or any other special event, and rock someone’s world! Online ordering is a breeze; we pack each cheesecake in dry ice to ensure that it gets to its destination in perfect condition, ready for you or your recipient to enjoy.
At Sweet Street Desserts in Reading, PA, we’re passionate about food and have earned a reputation for baking the world’s most delicious desserts. They are rated #1 in taste and appearance in the restaurant industry and praised by customers who are looking for great taste and high quality.
We source the finest ingredients, including GMO-Free and all-natural ingredients, and do not use any fats or margarines containing artificial trans fats in any of our products.
Cheesecake, Glorious Cheesecake
You’ll find our cheesecakes and other desserts in premier gourmet and specialty food shops as well as in restaurants in 60 countries around the globe. Customer favorites include:
Orange Cream Cheesecake – This fluffy cheesecake will make you think of Florida sunshine! We layer silky smooth white chocolate cheesecake on top of a creamy orange-infused cheesecake. Then we swirl it with tangy orange curd and slowly bake it into a graham cracker crust.
Classic Blueberry Cheese Brulée – Blueberries are high in vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. We think Maine grows some of the world’s best wild berries, so we swirl them into our luscious white chocolate cheesecake, place everything in a buttery graham cracker crust and hand-fire the sweet brulée top.
Crème Brulée Cheesecake – Who loves that rich, decadent custard, called crème brulée, with its caramelized sugar top? The classic French dessert inspired us to swirl crème brulée together the lightest of cheesecakes, and then hand fire the burnt caramel top. Bon appétit!
Sinfully No Sugar Added Cheesecake – Looking for a little less guilt? Or maybe you have loved ones on low-carb or diabetic diets. Our creamy, vanilla-flecked cheesecake creation sits on a dense chocolate crust; then we hand fire the top to give it a beautiful finish. Less sugar does NOT mean less taste!
Interesting Cheesecake Trivia
- The first recorded historical mention of cheesecake is associated with the first Olympic Games, held in Greece in 776 BC. Described as “crushed cheese, wheat flour and one egg,” it was fed to athletes for energy.
- American-style cheesecake is not technically a “cake.” It’s really cheese custard with a crust.
- The first mass-produced cream cheese was developed in 1873, when William Lawrence, a New York dairyman, while looking for a way to recreate the soft, French Neufchâtel cheese, added cream to the process and accidentally invented a cheese that was heavier and creamier. It was eventually branded as Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- The world’s largest cheesecake was created by Philadelphia Cream Cheese on September 21, 2013, in Lowville, NY, at the Lowville Cream Cheese Festival. It was 7 feet, 6.25 inches in diameter and 2 feet, 7 inches tall. It weighed in at 6,900 pounds!
- Arnold Reuben, a German-American who is best known for his signature Reuben sandwiches, is generally credited for creating the beloved New York Cheesecake in 1929. He used cream cheese, while previous versions were made with cottage cheese.
- The world record for cheesecake eating belongs to Sonya Thomas, a Korean-American from Virginia, who ate 11 pounds of cheesecake in 9 minutes.
- July 30th is National Cheesecake Day.
A delicious cheesecake will make the perfect gift for just about anyone. Order online and send one to the special people in your life, or buy one for yourself. Get in touch with us at (610) 929-2900 for cheesecake delivery throughout the year.