We started our fabulous establishment in a garage back in 1979. Since then, Sweet Street has grown from hand-delivering cookies to the ability to order gourmet cupcakes online. It is truly amazing the way that technology has just risen up like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. Yet, it has permitted us to expand our humble concept across the globe and into 60 countries. It has enabled us to ship fresh and scrumptious baked goods straight to your door.
Although we came from simple beginnings, we have big plans! We are a leader in the gourmet dessert industry. We pride ourselves in creating epicurean indulgences that will forever change the way you view cupcakes and a vast array of other delectable treats du jour.
Cupcakes have long been a Sweet Street customer favorite. Consider trying the mouthwatering Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake, the decadent Red Velvet Cupcake, the delicious, dark Chocolate Cupcake, simple Vanilla Bean Cupcake and, if you simply can’t choose one single flavor, try our Chocolate and Red Velvet Cupcake Variety package.
Gourmet cupcakes are indeed full of more fanfare than one might realize. In fact, we have created a cupcake trivia tour for your reading pleasure.
Cupcake Trivia Tour
Let us start our trivia tour with some interesting celebrity based tidbits. If anyone knows gourmet, it’s a celebrity, right?
- On the 2008 Time Magazine Pop Chart, Madonna’s face hovers over two cupcakes celebrating her 50th birthday.
- On the flip side, Keanu Reeves celebrated his 46th birthday alone, with a one-candled cupcake outside a warehouse for film props.
- The 2010 J Crew Photo Shoot for the movie, The Romantics, depicted Adam Brody & Katie Holmes (along with the rest of the cast) playing around and eating cupcakes.
- In 2011, Zoe Deschanel discussed Cupcake Wars with Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show. By the way, did you know there are 1.6 million Cupcake Wars fans?
- Katy Perry, the queen of oddities, wore a cupcake dress, and Snoop Dog can be seen wearing a cupcake suit in a video with her.
- Jerry Seinfeld brought a mega-cupcake to the Regis and Kelly show and the three ate it on screen.
- In 2012, Kristy Swanson and Dean Cain stared in a movie called: Operation Cupcake.
- In January, of that year Martha Stewart’s wall calendar featuring cupcakes was on the sales’ racks.
- Hillary Duff celebrated her 2013 Valentine’s Day with cupcakes.
- Katie Holmes ordered cupcakes while working on the Kennedy’s documentary, and there are pictures of Suri enjoying a cupcake (or 2) as well.
- Kim Kardashian has her own vanilla cupcake mix!
- The characters in the movie Rapunzel share a scene in which cupcakes are in hand.
- In fact, Disney sells a number of princess baby dolls whose packaging includes cupcakes. Guess we could say Disney’s a cupcake fan!
- Barbara Streisand sent cupcakes to Oprah Winfrey who loved them enough to share with her crew.
- The Tonight Show provided Jennifer Anniston with a huge cupcake on her birthday.
We could go on, but suffice it to say, there are many other serious celebrity cupcake lovers!
We will close out our tour with some, just plain crazy truths. The largest cupcake every baked was 1,224 pounds, 10 foot wide and 4 foot tall. It had a whopping 2 million calories! Cupcakes are so well loved that the number eaten has surpassed the size of the earth in sheer mass! Since everyone loves them, it is probably time to order gourmet cupcakes online!