Have you ever stopped and wondered what makes gourmet cupcakes “gourmet”? There really is no standard definition of a gourmet cupcake. Anything edible that is described as gourmet is generally associated with fine food that’s made with high-quality ingredients and looks fantastic.
For cupcakes, gourmet indicates that they are created with care in small batches. Sweet Street Desserts uses the finest and freshest available ingredients to make our cupcakes truly unique. They are baked fresh in our kitchens every day.
Presentation is important as well. We use frosting that looks as good as it tastes, usually with a small topper that varies with each flavor. Our cupcakes travel the world to be served in restaurants, coffee bars, and gourmet food shops in 60 countries.
What is the Difference between a Cupcake and a Muffin?
Apart from determining whether a cupcake is gourmet, another common question is what distinguishes a muffin from a cupcake? Most people will tell you that they can tell the difference just by looking at it, but sometimes it’s not as easy as it sounds. Some muffins are very sweet and may even have frosting, which just clouds the issue. Below are a few key differences:
- Muffins are heavier. Cupcakes should be light and airy.
- In cupcakes, butter and sugar is creamed together before adding any other ingredients. For muffins, the ingredients are mixed together all at once.
- Muffins are much less likely to have frosting and much more likely to have fruit.
- Muffins have a much larger rim than cupcakes. In fact, sometimes the muffin tops are bigger than the entire muffin.
The main difference is the fluffy texture that all cupcakes should have. All of our cupcakes have this wonderful airy texture, so you can’t just tell that they’re not muffins, you can taste that they’re gourmet.
We offer a wide range of cupcake flavors. There is bound to be something for nearly every flavor preference. Below are a few of our more exotic and unique flavors.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. This delicious cupcake features all-natural chocolate cake filled with a peanut-butter truffle center. The icing even has a light peanut butter flavor, and it’s topped with a small peanut butter cup.
- Salted Caramel Cupcake. This vanilla cupcake has a salted caramel filling that is rich and delicate. It has a caramel-flavored icing with a dab of salted caramel on top.
- Jelly Roll Cupcake. We fill this vanilla cupcake with raspberry goodness and top it with raspberry fluff icing. There is even a small raspberry candy to top it off.
- Celebration Cupcakes. These little delights are perfect for any reason you have to celebrate. It’s a traditional vanilla cupcake in a lime green wrapper with frosting and sprinkles.
We also have traditional cupcake flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet. Each flavor has a deep, rich taste that will satisfy any sweet tooth. They all have a creamy center and sinful chocolate garnish on top. Even our traditional cupcakes have undeniably gourmet touches.
When you order from Sweet Street, you’ll know without question that you’re enjoying amazing gourmet cupcakes that can never be mistaken for muffins. They are light and fluffy, and too far out of the ordinary to be anything but gourmet. Order our cupcakes online or give us a call at 800-793-3897 to create the perfect customized order for any occasion.