With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can send cupcakes and other gourmet desserts as birthday gifts, thank you gifts, graduation gifts or hostess gifts to loved ones throughout the year.
Desserts can be trendy, but cupcakes are still extremely popular with customers young and old. Maybe it’s because these itsy-bitsy treats are delicious, cute and so very easy to eat. Or maybe it’s because they’re sort of a guilt-free version of cake!
Sweet Street Desserts’ cupcakes are a little like potato chips… it’s impossible to eat just one. They may seem like an unsophisticated dessert, but they’re more glamorous than they look. Cupcakes are suitable for any occasion. Celebrate a birthday, retirement party or bridal shower. Serve them at your next backyard barbeque, corporate event, holiday party or wedding. Or pamper someone (including you) just because.
Eat Dessert First!
As the very wise American author, Ernestine Ulmer (1892-1987), once said, “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” When your recipients unwrap the cupcakes you’ve sent, that’s exactly what they’ll want to do! Here are a few of our tempting creations:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake – Who can resist the combination of peanut butter and chocolate?! We think you’ll love our rich chocolate cupcakes with their chocolate and peanut butter truffle filling, fluffy peanut butter icing, and peanut butter cup on top.
- Jelly Roll Cupcake – Berry lovers will be thrilled with this yummy creation! The moist vanilla cupcake inside a raspberry-colored cup is filled with raspberry, iced with raspberry fluff, and decorated with raspberry candy.
- Original Cupcake Variety – When you just can’t decide, our 16-cupcake variety pack will do the trick. Enjoy three of our most popular cupcake flavors – decadent Chocolate on Chocolate and colorful Red Velvet.
- Cupcakes have been around since way back in 1786. They may have been baked in small cups, but the name primarily comes from the fact that baking ingredients were measured in cups instead of by weight, saving an incredible amount of time in the kitchen.
- In the olden days, cupcakes were sometimes called “number” cakes or “1234” cakes because the recipe usually called for 1 part butter, 2 parts sugar, 3 parts flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, and 1 spoonful of soda.
- The first cupcake recipe appeared in a cookbook in 1828, called Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes and Sweetmeats by Eliza Leslie.
- Hostess introduced the first commercial cupcake in 1919 – the famous Hostess CupCake – and sold them 2 for 5¢. They were made of devil’s food cake, but there was no crème filling or icing at the time. The icing (chocolate or vanilla) appeared sometime in the 1920s, and the crème filling and white squiggle on top weren’t added until about 1950.
Choose tantalizing cupcakes or send one our other gourmet desserts as gifts for anyone, anywhere in the continental U.S. Shop online 24-hours-a-day at Sweet Street Desserts and get in touch with us!