Your best friend forever (BFF) is having a baby! And now it’s up to you to plan the baby shower. She isn’t fond of baby shower games, but she loves cupcakes. You know everyone else will be expecting games, so why not tie your games to some cupcake trivia? That might intrigue the BFF while she savors the best cupcakes ever. Yes, Sweet Street Desserts offers cupcake delivery to Portland, and we have the best flavors around!
Before you choose your cupcakes you might want to figure out how you are going to create some cupcake-based games. How about utilizing some of the following little known facts in a true or false game? Or, perhaps you could create a fill in the blank game sheet.
Regardless of the method, we are certain these trivia tidbits will enhance your BFF’s baby shower. We will do our part by baking the best cupcakes she has ever tasted and ship them to you in an insulated, dry iced, container to ensure they are gorgeous and fresh when you get them.
Here are some little known cupcake facts that are certain to entertain your baby shower guests:
- The largest cupcake ever baked was made in Washington, DC and literally weighed a ton.
- That same cupcake required 600 pounds of icing to get it covered.
- Cupcakes are at least 200 years old.
- The record holder for a cupcake-eating contest ingested 29 in thirty seconds.
- Cupcakes, instead of the traditional wedding cake, are served by 13% of brides.
- National Lemon Cupcake Day is December 15th.
- In 2009, one company sold $23.5 million in cupcakes alone.
- There is a $55,000 cupcake that includes a diamond engagement ring in case you are hoping to get married.
- Brits call cupcakes Fairy Cakes.
- Australians call them Patty Cakes.
- A Hostess conveyor belt is capable of putting out 11,000 cupcakes an hour.
- That largest cupcake we mentioned previously was 4 feet high and 10 feet wide and included 2 million calories!
- The smallest cupcake was a mere 1.5 centimeters tall and 3 centimeters wide.
- The first cupcakes weren’t iced. Winston Churchill was the first to suggest that method.
- New York schools have banned cupcakes to help fight obesity.
- 6 million people watch Cupcake Wars on Food Network.
- Sprinkles invented the world’s first cupcake vending machine.
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is not about drugs, it is about cupcakes!
- The Earth’s mass doesn’t surpass that of the number of cupcakes eaten last year.
- One cupcake per US adult is consumed every day.
Now that you have your trivia game down pat, it’s time to pick the cupcake flavors that will best meet your BFF’s pregnancy cravings. We know she asked you to provide cupcakes for her baby shower, but once she gets there she might realize she really wants cheesecake. Therefore, choose a couple of cupcake options from this list:
And then order her a cheesecake (or two) as well. For a baby shower, there are many other options but we suggest:
Your BFF’s baby shower will be unforgettable thanks to Sweet Street Desserts. Order cheesecake or cupcake delivery to Portland and you’ll be set. Check out our website and order online!