From birthdays to graduations to Eagles and Phillies tailgate parties, Sweet Street gourmet desserts are a unique treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. Wow your Philadelphia family, coworkers and clients with a cupcake delivery and sweeten their day!
Sweet Street has been baking the world’s finest desserts since 1979. We make them from the finest ingredients, such as chocolates from Africa and South America, pure vanilla from Madagascar, and sweet blueberries from Maine. Our products contain no artificial trans fats, are GMO-free and, with few exceptions, are Certified Kosher Dairy (KD).
Nearly everyone has a favorite cupcake flavor. It’s hard to go wrong with chocolate or vanilla, but we’ve created a few flavors that will tantalize plenty of taste buds.
Jelly Roll Cupcake
Inspired by the old-fashioned jelly roll cakes that grandma used to make, our moist vanilla cupcake is filled with raspberry, iced with raspberry fluff, and decorated with raspberry candy. And it looks pretty cute in its pink wrapper. Raspberries are sweet, juicy and rich in fiber. Enjoy them year-round.
Red Velvet Cupcake
Although red velvet cakes were popular in the 1920s, many of us discovered them when we saw the red velvet armadillo groom’s cake made famous in the 1989 movie, Steel Magnolias. Our cupcakes start with red velvet cake, then we add a creamy chocolate truffle center, and top it with cream cheese buttermilk fluff icing and a chocolate candy. A tasty sensation.
Salted Caramel Cupcake
Salted caramel is a recent invention by Frenchman Henri Le Roux in 1980. If you love this sweet-salty treat, our cupcake is hard to resist. The moist vanilla cupcake features a delicious salted caramel center, caramel icing, and another dollop of salted caramel on top.
Fascinating Facts about Cupcakes
- There’s a special day for cupcakes! Americans observe National Cupcake Day on December 15th.
- Cupcakes are actually one of America’s first and nicest contributions to world cuisine. The first recipe for cupcakes appeared in an American cookbook in 1826. Recipes in England date back only to the 1850s.
- The “cup” in “cupcake” originally referred to the way the ingredients were measured (1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, 4 eggs…). Some bakers called them “1-2-3-4” cakes or “number” cakes.
- In 2011, Georgetown Bakery won “The World’s Largest Cupcake” contest with a huge one that needed a custom-made pan and oven. It weighed 2,594 lbs., was 56 inches in diameter and 3 feet tall, and required 600 pounds of butter cream.
- The world cupcake-eating record is held by Chicagoan Pat Bertoletti who downed 6 dozen cupcakes in about 6 minutes.
- The first commercially-made cupcake, the Hostess CupCake, was introduced in 1919. It was made of devil’s food cake, but the crème filling and white loopy icing weren’t added until 1949.
Cupcakes are ideal for everything from backyard barbecues to elegant dinner parties and fancy weddings. And, because they’re portable, your gift recipients can enjoy them at movie screenings under the stars at Penn’s Landing, at picnics on the lawn at Love Park, or while people-watching at Rittenhouse Square.
Arranging a cupcake delivery to your family, friends, colleagues or clients in Philadelphia, Allentown, Harrisburg, Lancaster or Altoona, will make everyone wish they were on your gift list! Shop online at Sweet Street 24-hours-a-day or get in touch with us at (610) 929-2900 to order or have all of your questions answered.