Cupcakes come in so many delicious flavors; it’s difficult to eat just one! And they’re just as fun to look at as they are to eat. When you’re looking for the perfect gift idea, treat everyone on your list to a cupcake delivery in NYC from Sweet Street Desserts.
Sweet Street has been baking the world’s finest desserts since 1979. We make them from the highest-quality ingredients, including chocolates from Africa and South America, pure vanilla from Madagascar, and local farm-fresh ingredients. Our products contain no artificial trans fats, are GMO-free and, with few exceptions, are Kosher Dairy (KD).
Your friends, family, coworkers, clients and favorite vendors will be delighted to have any of these gourmet cupcakes delivered to their homes or businesses:
Chocolate on Chocolate Cupcake – Our simple, classic chocolate cupcake is loaded with fine chocolate from South America and Africa. With their creamy bittersweet truffle centers, deep chocolate frosting, and dark chocolate candy coins on top, they’ll feed any of the chocoholics on your list.
Red Velvet Cupcake – Everyone seems to enjoy this American classic with Southern roots! Ours is filled with a creamy chocolate truffle center and topped with a luscious cream cheese buttermilk fluff icing and a chocolate candy. The rich colors stand out on a holiday buffet table.
Chocolate and Red Velvet Cupcake Variety Pack – When you just can’t make up your mind, order our variety pack. They’ll receive 4 Chocolate on Chocolate and 4 Red Velvet cupcakes. Perfect for the holidays, they are also a sweet solution for serving at picnics, Valentine’s Day or Fourth of July parties.
- December 15 is National Cupcake Day in the United States.
- The dainty treat is one of America’s first and nicest contributions to world cuisine. The first printed recipe for cupcakes appeared in an American cookbook in 1826. The earliest known cupcake recipes in England date only to the 1850s.
- The “cup” did not refer to the shape of the cake but to the measurements of the ingredients (1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, 4 eggs…). They were sometimes called “1234” cakes or “number” cakes.
- “The World’s Largest Cupcake” weighed 2,594 lbs., and was 56 inches in diameter and 36 inches tall. It was made in 2011 by Georgetown Cupcake and took 600 pounds of buttercream to frost it. The oven and pan were custom made.
- The world cupcake-eating record is held by Pat Bertoletti of Chicago who ate 72 cupcakes in under 6 minutes!
- The Hostess CupCake, the first commercial cupcake, was introduced to the American public on January 3, 1919. Made of devil’s food cake, it lacked the crème filling and white loop-de-loop icing that wasn’t added until 1949.
- Hostess gave out 40,000 specially wrapped and labeled cupcakes to fans at the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Yankee Stadium on April 15, 1973.
When you order gourmet desserts from Sweet Street, we will ship your order in insulated containers that are cooled with dry ice to keep the items fresh. Whether you need a gift for 1 or 100, we’ve simplified the process to make ordering easy. You’ll be able to customize which items are sent to which recipients and personalize each gift message.
Your friends and colleagues in NYC will appreciate a cupcake delivery gift at any time of the year. We also offer other delicious desserts, such as cakes, pies, cheesecakes, brownies and dessert bars, and will deliver anywhere in the continental United States. Shop online 24/7 and place your order today. We’re always ready to help!