Everybody loves cupcakes, so you can’t go wrong when you arrange a personal cupcake delivery to a friend, coworker or client in Houston as a holiday, birthday or retirement gift, or as a sincere thank-you gift. Cupcakes are perfect for every occasion!
At Sweet Street Desserts, headquartered in Reading, PA, we offer traditional and fun gourmet cupcake flavors that are ideal for everything from office parties to afternoon tea and Houston Texans tailgate parties to elegant weddings. Customer favorites include:
- Red Velvet Cupcake –Over the years, red velvet cakes have been associated with the luxurious Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in NYC, Eaton’s department store in Toronto, Canada, and the 1989 tear-jerker Steel Magnolias, which popularized the armadillo red velvet groom’s cake. Our cupcakes are filled with a creamy chocolate truffle center and topped with cream cheese buttermilk fluff icing and a chocolate candy. It’s impossible to eat just one.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake – The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible. We think you’ll love our masterpiece rich chocolate cupcake with its chocolate and peanut butter truffle filling, fluffy peanut butter icing, and mini peanut butter cup on top. These tasty creations will satisfy anyone’s chocolate craving.
- Vanilla Bean Cupcake – Think of them like beautiful mini wedding cakes! Vanilla lovers will savor the pure Madagascar vanilla in these buttery vanilla bean cupcakes. We fill them with a vanilla bean-flecked cream, and adorn them with a luscious vanilla-flecked icing and white chocolate coin. No matter your palette of wedding colors, they’ll work.
Fun Cupcake Facts
The term “cupcake” was first used in the late 1800s for cakes made from ingredients measured by the cupful, rather than by weight. Bakers found the pound cake recipe easy to remember (1 pound each of butter, sugar, flour and eggs), and the new cupcake recipe was equally simple – 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 3 cups of flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, and 1 spoonful of soda.
Cupcakes revolutionized American kitchens because they were easier to bake than large cakes and saved a lot of time in the kitchen. Here are a few other cupcake facts you may find interesting:
- Early cupcakes were baked in teacups or ramekins (small clay pots) before the multi-cup pans we use today were invented.
- Cupcakes were originally not frosted, but were flavored with spices or dried fruit.
- Cupcakes are called “fairy” cakes in Britain and “patty” cakes in Australia.
- Hostess produced the first commercially available Hostess CupCake in 1919. The rich creamy filling and famous white loop icing were not added until 1949.
- The perfect Hostess CupCake had exactly 7 loops of white icing.
- Decorative paper baking cups were introduced in 1920, but were recommended just for serving cupcakes, not for baking them.
- Food experts say that about 15% of brides today opt for serving cupcakes at their weddings instead of traditional wedding cake.
- There are “cupcake ATMs” that dispense cupcakes 24 hours a day! They were introduced by Sprinkles Bakery of Beverly Hills in 2012 and hold up to 600 freshly baked cupcakes. (There are several across the U.S., and one is in Dallas.)
When you order cupcakes from Sweet Street Desserts, we’ll ship your order to your recipients in an insulated container cooled with dry ice to keep them fresh and protect them during shipping. We’ll also send along complete instructions on how to defrost, serve and store them.
We know your friends, family, colleagues and clients in Houston will appreciate a cupcake delivery gift, or a cake, pie, cheesecake or other gourmet dessert delivery, at any time of the year. Whether you need gifts for 1 or 100, visit us online to order 24-hours-a-day for more corporate gift ideas.