Who doesn’t love a tasty cupcake? The biggest advantage is that you don’t have to stop at just one. When presented with choices, you can try several different flavors with less guilt! These irresistible treats are also a great gift idea for any occasion. Why not surprise your friends in Denver with a cupcake delivery for Christmas or New Years?
At Sweet Street Desserts in Reading, PA, we have a reputation for baking premium, great-tasting gourmet desserts. Our customers and restaurant partners in over 60 countries rate our cakes, pies, cheesecakes, dessert bars, cupcakes and other treats as #1 in taste and appearance.
The experts tell us that Denverites love any cupcake that’s piled “a mile high” with icing, such as our:
- Celebration Cupcakes – Having a birthday or retirement party? Our delicious vanilla cupcakes will make a splash in their lime green wrappers and multi-colored candy sprinkles.
- Jelly Roll Cupcake – Berry lovers will be delighted over this yummy creation! The moist vanilla cupcake inside a raspberry-colored cup is filled with raspberry, iced with raspberry fluff, and decorated with raspberry candy.
- Original Cupcake Variety – When you really can’t decide, this 16-cupcake variety pack will do the trick. Enjoy three of our most popular cupcake flavors – Chocolate on Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Vanilla.
If you’re looking for the perfect client appreciation gift, birthday gift, hostess gift, or simply want to treat the favorite people in your life to something scrumptious to eat, we have a variety of cupcakes that can be ordered online for easy delivery. Or order them yourself in time for your next Denver Broncos tailgate party!
Fascinating Facts about Cupcakes!
- Food historians tell us that the first recipe for cupcakes was invented way back in 1786. They may have been baked in small cups, but the name primarily comes from the fact that the baking ingredients were measured in cups instead of by weight which saved an incredible amount of time in the kitchen.
- In the early days, cupcakes were often called “number” cakes or “1234” cakes. This is because the recipe usually contained 1 part butter, 2 parts sugar, 3 parts flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, and 1 spoonful of soda.
- The first time a cupcake recipe actually appeared in a cookbook was in 1828 in Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes and Sweetmeats by Eliza Leslie.
- In 1919, Hostess introduced the first commercial cupcake, the famous Hostess CupCake, and sold them two-for-a-nickel. They were always made of devil’s food cake, but there was no crème filling or icing. The icing (chocolate or vanilla) appeared sometime in the 1920s, and the crème filling and white line of icing on top weren’t added until about 1950.
Sweet Street products can be delivered anywhere in the continental United States. They are shipped frozen in insulated containers with dry ice to ensure that they stay fresh, and will arrive at your recipient’s door with complete instructions for defrosting, handling and storage.
Cupcakes prove that good things DO come in small packages, and there’s no denying how popular they are. To arrange for a cake, pie or cupcake delivery in Denver during the holidays or at any other time of the year, place an order online or contact Sweet Street Desserts customer service at (610) 929-2900.