You may not realize it, but there are plenty of reasons to celebrate cheesecake. The best way to celebrate is to order a cheesecake for delivery, and we deliver to Austin! Here are a few excuses to celebrate cheesecake:
- National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day on March 6 (which is ironically also National Dentist’s Day)
- National Cherry Cheesecake Day on April 23
- National Blueberry Cheesecake Day on May 26
- National Cheesecake Day on July 30
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day on October 21
A Few Slices of Cheesecake Trivia
In preparation for all of these reasons to celebrate cheesecake, we have gathered a few little-known cheesecake trivia tidbits.
- Greeks on the island of Samos probably created the first cheesecake.
- They may have served cheesecake to athletes competing in the first Olympic Games to help provide them with energy.
- The largest cheesecake ever created was 4,703 pounds. It was created in 2009 in Mexico, setting a Guinness World Record.
- On the set of the “Golden Girls,” there were over 100 cheesecakes consumed. The characters’ favorite dessert was cheesecake.
- Unbaked cheesecakes usually do not contain eggs, which helps them set.
- Italians put Ricotta cheese in their cheesecake.
- Germans use a cheese called Quark or Sauermilckase in their cheesecake.
- The modern American cheesecake was invented in 1872.
Sweet Street Desserts is the nation’s cheesecake specialist. In fact, we supply cheesecake, bars, pies, cupcakes, and more to 60 countries across the globe. Our desserts are enjoyed on every continent on Earth.
We have been busy baking since 1979, and we put a great deal of love and care into each and every dessert we create. Sweet Street has headquarters in Reading, PA, where we also have a research and development team dedicated to creating the very best desserts with you in mind. We are passionate about providing high-quality desserts with only the finest natural ingredients.
Cheesecake has a long history, and many countries vary the recipes to fit to tastes in their region. American cheesecake is much sweeter than most, if not all, of its international counterparts. Here are some of Sweet Street’s sweetest cheesecake offerings.
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake. This amazing white chocolate cheesecake has swirls of raspberry that make it look and taste incredible. The hand-fired glazing process makes this cheesecake look as elegant as it is delicious.
- Crème Brulee Cheese. This cheesecake is designed to be light and charming. It is also hand-fired for an elegant look, and it features a burnt caramel glaze on top.
- Cherry Cheesecake. This slice of heaven features fresh picked cherries that are bursting with flavor this season. It has ribbons of color both on the top and within, so it looks as amazing as it tastes.
- Marble Chocolate Chip Cheese Brulee. It doesn’t get any sweeter than four kinds of chocolate mixed into a cheesecake, unless you add dark chocolate mousse, which this amazing cheesecake also features. It is again hand-fired and glazed for a classy presentation.
Let Sweet Street be a part of your National Cheesecake Day celebration on July 30! If you don’t need a national holiday to celebrate cheesecake, then place an order online for any other reason. Cheesecake delivery in the Austin area is a great way to enjoy cheesecake any day of the week! You can order online or give us a call to let us know what you’d like.